Wednesday 16 March 2011

Another quake and we felt it in Kyoto

As we went to bed last night, I was just taking a quick look at BBC News when I saw a tweet saying that there had been another earthquake centred south-west of Tokyo. It apparently shook buildings in Tokyo but there was no major damage.

Leanne was asleep beside me, and after 5 minutes I turned off my light and put my head down. Then less that 5 minutes after, the aftershock of the quake could be felt in Kyoto and the tremors shook our hotel for 10-15 seconds.

I was so tired that I fell asleep, but have seen it reported on the news this morning. It was apparently of magnitude 6.2, and was very close to Tokyo. It has however been really overshadowed by the nuclear issues this morning, where there is a lot of uncertainty.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment